Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ava - 14 months! Baby Girl #2 - 25 weeks!

Ava:
Daily Routine:  You wake up about 7:30 every morning, all happy and bright!  You normally wake up, immediately stand up, and start calling for "dada".. which I'm not sure why, because I go get you 90% of the time while dada is getting ready for work.  You went through a spell where you wanted to tell Ms. Pig (Your Porcelain piggy bank that Grammy Foree got you) hello and give her a kiss, as well as the Noah on your Noah's Ark Piggy bank that daddy got you... now you kind of slap them away.  We go down stairs and I give you your milk while I make your breakfast.  Once you eat, we play until your first (and sometimes only) nap.  After that, we have lunch and normally run some errands, go for a walk or just play more and tidy up the house before dada comes home.  When he gets here, you play with dada while I make dinner, we eat, play some more unless it's bath night which is every other night.  Dada gives you your baths most of the time while I clean up downstairs. Then, we have milk and snuggle time, and you go down for the night around 7:30!

Naps - For months, you've taken (2) 1.5 hour naps about 3 hours apart.  Recently, though, you've decided to change it up.  I think you're transitioning from 2 naps a day to 1.  It started out if you took one, it'd only be 1.5-2 hours long, but the last few days, they've been 2.5-3 hours long.. which makes for a much more productive day and a much happier baby!  Soo... let's keep that up, ok? :)

Meals - You pretty much will only eat if you can feed yourself.  Breakfast normally consists of a banana or grapes with either scrambled eggs or blueberry wheat pancakes.  Sometimes you want a snack before lunch, sometimes you don't.. but if you do, it's normally pretty small.  Lunch consists of a sandwich, pigs in a blanket or chicken with some veggies or fruit.  You have a snack a couple of hours later, then for dinner you normally  eat what we are having.  But, if we are having something you can't feed yourself, I make you something you can.

New Words/Milestones - "ta-da", "ah-duh" (all done, which is when you hold your hands up and shrug your shoulders to say you're finished with something.)  "cheeeese", "soos" (shoes, and you will walk to the closet to get your shoes, you're so smart! :)), "papa" - you LOVE to say and talk to papa! "do-ey" (door), "pi-tah" - which you repeat over and over again and it reminds me of the pizza commercial where the little guy says "Pizza, Pizza" but we really don't know what that means for you yet!

You also did really well hunting easter eggs!  You got the hang of it pretty fast, but you didn't really like having to put the eggs in the basket.  You have EIGHT teeth now!  ....And I think you're cutting at least 2 more!

Favorite Toys - The last few weeks, your favorite toys have been your car and your push along toy.  You like to hide things under the seat on the car that raises up...which is I've found old sippy-cups, my phone, tylenol, your shoes..etc.  You also love playing football with dada, too.

Stats - Soon to come, when you wake up and let me take them! :)

14 months old!





You love "talking on the phone"

You also like to be "tickled", but on your own terms.
See a resemblance to anyone below???
Pretty sure your dada is going to kill me... :)



You love playing football and tackle with daddy!
Ah-duh!  ... or All done! :)






















Baby Girl #2:
We've made it to week 25!  You are very strong in your movements, and have your active days, but you're pretty laid back and still most of the time.  I think you're going to be a pretty relaxed, laid back baby.  Only 15 more weeks until we get to meet you!  In the last 3 weeks, you've really "popped" out there.  I had the first person ask me last weekend if I was having twins.  This happened all the time with big sister, so I was pretty prepared for it.

A couple of weeks ago, I started noticing a rash on my stomach, chest, arms and legs that is super itchy.  We go to the dermatologist in a few days to see what you're doing to me :)  Also, we have our first glucose test on Wednesday, which I totally expect to fail and have to take the 3 hour test.  Let's do our best and NOT fail both! Morning sickness and heartburn have subsided for the most part, but the prenatal vitamins with DHA aren't agreeing with me, so most of the time, they don't stay down for very long.  We'll be switching those soon, too.

We have pretty much everything we need for you now, so we'll start setting up your nursery soon!!  Your daddy, Ava and I can't wait to snuggle you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment